- There next round of Postgraduate Internship Awards at the Australian Plant Phenomics Facility (APPF) have been announced!
- Applications close – 30 November, 2018
This is an exciting opportunity to be exposed to world class, cutting-edge research technology and knowledge in the emerging AgTech and Food Innovation arenas.
Internships are offered at all APPF locations (Adelaide and Canberra) for enthusiastic, highly motivated postgraduate students with a real interest in our plant phenomics research and technology. Current postgraduate students in the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Computer Science
- Plant physiology
- Software engineering
Interstate? We can help!
Our postgraduate internship awards, in general, comprise:
- $1,500 maximum towards accommodation in Adelaide or Canberra, if required
- $500 maximum towards travel / airfare, if required
- $10,000 maximum toward infrastructure use!
We have identified a number of priority research areas, each reflecting a global challenge and the role that advances in plant biology can play in providing a solution:
- Tolerance to abiotic stress
- Improving resource use efficiency in plants
- Statistics and biometry
- Application of mechatronic engineering to plant phenotyping
- Application of image analysis techniques to understanding plant form and function
Students proposing other topics will also be considered.
APPF postgraduate internship awards involve access to the facility’s phenotyping capabilities to undertake collaborative projects and the experience of working as an intern with the APPF team, learning about experimental design, image analysis and data analysis in plant phenomics.
Selection is based on merit. Applications are assessed on the basis of academic record, research experience and appropriateness of the proposed research topic. Interviews may be conducted.
Postgraduate students are encouraged to contact APPF staff prior to submitting their application to discuss possible projects.
For more information and to apply click here.