For the first time, the 10th World Potato Congress (WPC) and the XXVIII Latin American Potato Association (ALAP) Congress will come together in the historic city of Cusco, Peru, from 27 to 31 May 2018.
The Congress is the industry’s most important scientific event worldwide. It is an excellent showcase to promote the sustainable use of potato biodiversity (with a focus on native varieties), including how to differentiate it on the market and mine its gastronomic uses with varieties related to health and nutrition. This event will showcase the Andean origins of the potato, will serve as a food security platform and will encourage the development of business ventures.
- Potato biodiversity and its use in breeding
- Potato biodiversity in relation to health and nutrition
- Challenges on in-situ conservation
- Varietal development
- Pest and disease management
- Crop and seed management
- Climate change
- Late Blight
- Consumption and markets
- Post-harvest and processing technologies
- Culinary innovations
- Value chains for smallholder farmers