Are you looking for a complete overview of image analysis techniques for automatic plant phenotyping? The course will provide a mixture of underlying theory and practical hands-on training. During the course you will have the opportunity to work on real plant image analysis problems so you can apply it directly in practice.
In this programme, a mixture of lectures from experts from Wageningen University & Research and leading international experts in this domain, in the field, are combined with hands-on training. During the Summer
School there is ample time to discuss the issues of importance to your company/institutions with the experts. We will pay attention to the following subjects:
• Image acquistion
• Noise filtering
• Segmentation and image shape features
• Machine learning
• Deep learning
• 3D vision
• Imaging, data and practicals
This Summer School is primarily intended for researchers working on automatic phenotyping and technical experts in breeding companies who use, or plan to use, image analysis. If you have doubts whether you belong to the target group or have enough relevant basic knowledge, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
After following this Summer School you know about the latest insights in imaging techniques applied to plant phenotyping. Furthermore, you will be able to apply it in daily practice in your experiments.
The Summer School is given by dr. Gerrit Polder, dr. Gert Kootstra and Rick van de Zedde MSc, Wageningen University & Research.
- The course fee is €2495.- for the industry and €1495.- for academia (PhD).
- The course fee covers tuition, course materials, coffee/tea, lunches and welcome diner.
- IPPN Imaging for Phenotyping Working Group offers 5 Travel Grants for PhD*
- Registration is possible until 1 June 2019.
- Maximum number of participants: 35
- Three weeks before the start of the Summer School, participants receive a more detailed programme.
- For support with accommodation and other practical information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Organised by||Wageningen Academy, Wageningen Plant Research, Wageningen Food & Biobased Research|
|Date||Mon 8 July 2019 until Fri 12 July 2019|
|Price description||€2495.- for the industry and €1495.- for academia (PhD)|