In 2019, for the first time Latin America will host a World Congress of the IUFRO (International Union of Forest Research Organizations). This event will take place in Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil (at Expo Unimed), from September 29 to October 5, and will be organised and coordinated by the Brazilian Forest Service (SFB) and EMBRAPA. Approximately three thousand participants are expected at the event, which will discuss various aspects related to forest research.
The Congress will be a great opportunity to exchange experiences and knowledge on technological innovations, as well as to stay up to date on the latest research findings and trends for the future of forestry and forest research in all areas of the world.
It will also represent a major meeting place for researchers, teachers, students, and professionals in the forestry sector worldwide to come together.
- Plenary sessions, with distinguished speakers
- Technical sessions, with thematic discussions, lectures, and presentations
- Poster sessions, publicizing research carried out around the world
- Technical tours involving visits to a variety of places of interest for forestry and agroforestry
- Social events
- Events in the city, bringing together the participants and the city in forest-themed activities
- Thematic exhibits featuring products, technologies, and services available to the forestry sector and to forestry/agroforestry research
- Opportunities for scientists from developing countries to participate in courses before and after the congress
- Forests for people
- Forests and climate change
- Forests and forest products for a greener future
- Biodiversity, ecosystem services and biological invasions
- Forests, soil and water interactions