The Plant Accelerator® has new state-of-the-art equipment arriving soon to enable innovative plant phenomics studies in controlled environments and the field. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as Technology and Development Leader. In this role, you will maintain existing infrastructure and drive the implementation of new technology, including pilot studies, establishing work flows and attracting new users. Optimising new and novel equipment to maximise research output, you will work closely with scientists, industry and the agricultural community to deliver measurable impacts to the sector.
To be successful you will need:
- PhD in plant science, agricultural science, agricultural engineering, or a related discipline, with a strong publication record and proven ability to attract project funding.
- Experience in the use of automated phenotyping equipment and software, including the ability to analyse and interpret complex data sets.
- Demonstrated significant experience in project leadership with the ability to design and conduct extensive experimental projects.
- Ability to optimise the use of novel research infrastructure to maximise high-quality research output, undertaking of pilot studies and implementation of workflows.
- Ability to support researchers in (i) the application of technology for new research projects and (ii) grant funding applications including the use of new technology.
This fixed-term position is available immediately for two years, with the possibility of extension subject to funding availability. The Plant Accelerator®, located at the University of Adelaide’s Waite Campus, is a node of the Australian Plant Phenomics Facility.
Applications close 25 August 2019.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
Australian Plant Phenomics Facility
The Plant Accelerator®
University of Adelaide – Waite Campus
School of Agriculture, Food and Wine
P: +61 (08) 8313 0825
You’ll find application details and a full position description here.