The(URAF) at the University of Adelaide, is offering a commercial drone course leading to the award of a Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority of Australia (CASA).
This five-day intensive RePL course is conducted on University of Adelaide campuses by a team of CASA-certified drone operators and trainers from the University.
- All required theory and practical syllabus and requirements of CASA for a RePL.
- Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate (AROC).
- English Language Proficiency certification (ELP).
- Textbook: Remote Pilot Licence RePL Study Guide by Bob Tait and Ben Harris.
- In-house examinations for ELP, AROC and RePL.
Assured quality teaching
- All classroom teaching and operation training are held at University of Adelaide campuses at North Terrace and Waite, utilising state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
- All trainers are CASA-certified pilots.
- All trainers are also scientists and professionals who are highly experienced in the use of multi-rotor and fixed wing drones for environmental, agricultural and commercial applications, both within Australia and internationally.
The URAF run regular RePL courses 4-6 times a year. Ad hoc RePL courses for government and industry groups are also available.
- Remote Pilot Licence Course, Multi-rotor up to 7kg
- $3500 + GST (includes textbook and application fees for RePL, AROC, ELP)
- Practical type training for Multi-rotor/ Fixed wing up to 25kg
- If you have passed an aeronautical knowledge exam for a flight crew licence (e.g. PPL/ CPL), you can complete practical type training with the URAF to get type rated for a RePL.
Who needs a RePL?
- If you want to fly a remotely piloted aircraft commercially in Australia, outside the excluded category, then you need to possess a RePL.
- A RePL allows individuals to fly commercially for operators, who in turn need to hold a Remote Operator’s Certificate (ReOC).
- Please refer to the CASA’s website for further information.
Please contact the URAF for more information on the courses and how to enrol.