Summer school outline
After a general introduction on Greenhouse Horticulture and a cursory review of important topics, we will explore crop, climate and root zone management in more detail, in a varied and attractive mix of lectures, practical case work, company visits and seminars by relevant actors and experts. The “social factor” will not be neglected: there will be joint dinners and a program for the weekend can be prepared.
This excellent and intensive Summer School is meant for MSc and PhD students, post-docs, junior scientists and professionals working in the field from all over the world. Particular attention has been given to develop a program that relates to and is interesting for protected cultivation with less technology than is usual in The Netherlands. So, basics will be learned to apply directly in your own country/situation.
After successfully attending the Summer School, you will:
• know the most relevant processes in protected cultivation ranging from plant physiology to economics
• understand how technology affects climate management, crop production and resource use efficiency
• be able to apply this knowledge to quantitatively address decisions about climate management, crop cultivation and nutrition
Summer school leaders
• Dr Cecilia Stanghellini, Wageningen University & Research, Business Unit Greenhouse Horticulture
• Prof. Leo Marcelis,Wageningen University & Research, Department of plant sciences, Horticulture & Product Physiology
• Dr Ep Heuvelink, Wageningen University & Research, Department of plant sciences, Horticulture & Product Physiology
• Ing. Erik van Os, Wageningen University & Research, Business Unit Greenhouse Horticulture
- Duration: 27 August – 7 September 2018 (12 days)
- Location: Wageningen Campus and other
- The course fee: € 2495.- for the industry and € 2190.- for academia (PhD students)
- The course fee covers tuition, course materials (small binder, USB stick with presentations), coffee/tea, lunches, 2 dinners and excursions
- Three weeks before the start of the Summer School, participants receive a more detailed program
- Maximum number participants: 35
- Registration is possible until July 1st 2018
For more info click here.